Collaborative law helps families resolve their legal issues with less emotional and financial cost. Who wants to spend hard earned money on attorney fees, when there are so many other important demands on family finances? As a litigator, I can say that collaborative law costs far less than the traditional litigation method. As a mediator, I can also say that collaborative law offers legal advice at your elbow, something that usually isn’t present in the mediation setting. Collaborative law is a powerful blend of the attorney providing guidance and education to the client, while the client maintains full control and direction of the case. Basically, we guide but you decide! I recommend this approach whenever possible to friends and family that are facing potential legal issues. We have offices conveniently located in Woodbury and Edina. I would welcome the opportunity to work with you on your case.
I have been a member of the Collaborative Law Institute since 1998. The Institute has four committees. I was the former Chair of its Membership Committee. I was also a member of the Strategic Planning Committee that developed the Insitute’s current Strategic Plan.
That’s all rather boring though, if you’re not a member of the Institute! What’s important to potential clients is that I am really committed to helping clients use the collaborative process whenever possible. There’s a lot of newcomers to collaborative law, which is exciting. Yet, experience in using the collaborative model is exceptionally helpful to obtaining great results for clients. I’ve got a solid, demonstrated track record of getting cases done quickly and fairly. I look forward to the chance to work with you!
- Family Law
Law School: I attended the University of Minnesota Law School. I graduated with honors in 1992. Law school is just the foundation of practicing family law though. My practice has been limited to family law, so I handle many more family law cases per year than many attorneys. While I believe collaborative law is the superior method for family law cases, I do litigate, and also guide my clients through mediation. My multi-faceted family law experience is a valuable resource to clients navigating the proc
- Attorney License
- Certified Rescue Diver ;)
- Financial Early Neutral Evaluation (FENE) Committee member for Hennepin and Ramsey Counties, FENE evaluators are a committee of attorneys and CPAs chosen by judges to give early non binding opinions in cases, and help couples resolve their cases
- Ethics Investigator for the Fourth Judicial District Ethics Committee (investigate complaints to the Lawyer’s Board regarding attorney conduct)
- Board of Directors, National Association of Women Business Owners, Mastermind Chair
- Board of Directors, North Hennepin Mediation Program, now known as Community Mediation Program
- Super Lawyer, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Seminar Presenter and Law Clinic Volunteer for Chrysalis Center for Women
- Law Clinic Volunteer for Resource Center for Dads in Washington County
- Hennepin County Conciliation Court Judge
- Hennepin County Family Court Referee for the Hennepin County Settlement Arbitration Program
- Voted Young Woman Bus