I help divorcing couples structure their own out-of-court settlements by focusing on their common interests, as well as their individual needs for the future. My approach to negotiaion is collaborative, reasonable, realistic and compassionate.
I have been a member of the Collaborative Law Institute since 1992. In order to best serve the parties, I believe that they deserve to be an integral part of structuring their own settlement without court interference. The Collaborative Law process provides a unique forum for the parties and counsel to freely explore creative problem-solving options. The parties and counsel conduct themselves as a team rather than as adversaries and craft constructive, long-term decisions that focus on the needs of the parties and their children.
|2012||Advanced Collaborative Law Training||IACP Conference (Chicago)||4.50|
|2010||Advanced Collaborative Law Training||Why Collaborative Practice Works: Neuroscience Tools and Techniques||6.00|
|2009||Advanced Collaborative Law Training||IACP Conference (Mpls)||4.50|
|2008||Advanced Collaborative Law Training||One Coach Model of Collaborative Practice||8.00|
|2008||Advanced Collaborative Law Training||IACP Conference (New Orleans)||4.50|
|2006||Basic Collaborative Law Training||Faculty Member||6.00|
|2006||Advanced Collaborative Law Training||IACP Conference (San Diego)||4.50|
|2005||Basic Collaborative Law Training||Faculty Member||6.00|
|2005||Advanced Collaborative Law Training||Chip Rose||6.00|
|2005||Advanced Collaborative Law Training||IACP Conference (Atlanta)||4.50|
|2004||Basic Collaborative Law Training||Faculty Member||6.00|
|2016||Basic Collaborative Law Training||Faculty Member||6.00|
- Family Law
Law School: Graduated from Hamline University School of Law in 1985.
- Licensed in Minnesota District Court and United States District Court, District of Minnesota since 1986.
- 3 term Board Member, Collaborative Law Institute
- Member, IACP
- Member, Protocol Committee, Collaborative Law Institute
- Entertainment Committee Chair, 2009 IACP Forum in Minneapolis
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
- Volunteer Attorney, Tubman/Chrysalis (1988 to present)
- Member, Collaborative Law Institute Strategic Planning Committee (2003)
- Founding Member, Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Member, Doherty Relationship Institute, LLC
- Super Lawyer 2014-present
- 2017 Stu Webb Award in Recognition of Outstanding Contributions to Collaborative Practice