Suzanne E. Grandchamp is a seasoned family law attorney with a boutique practice serving both traditional and non-traditional families. She is also a skilled national presenter for ThomsonReuters on legal topics related to divorce and law practice management and is the author of Marriages End. Families Don’t. Divorce Wisely. The essential handbook for navigating the process of divorce.
Suzanne’s personal mission is to successfully lead clients through one of life’s most challenging transitions – divorce – with compassion, comprehensive education, effective, practical legal advice, and assertive representation.
Suzanne is a graduate of William Mitchell College of Law and the University of Minnesota. She is admitted to practice in the State of Minnesota, the U.S. District Court – Minnesota, the Eighth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. Suzanne is also a licensed commercial pilot, flight instructor, and worked previously as a corporate pilot.
Outside of the office, Suzanne enjoys hiking in the mountains with her dog, Scout, trying out various curry recipes (and testing them on her friends), horseback riding, and laughing so hard that she snorts.
Areas of Practice
100% Family Law
· Marital Dissolution, Divorce
· Alimony & Spousal Support
· Child Support, Custody & Visitation
· Prenuptial Agreements
· Domestic Violence
· Alternative Dispute Resolution
· Mediation & Collaborative Law
Undergraduate Education: Bachelor of Arts (BA), International Relations and Affairs,University of Minnesota, 1992 Law School: Juris Doctor, Law: Mitchell Hamline School of Law, 1996
· Hennepin County Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association* Ms. Grandchamp is a commercially-rated pilot and certified flight instructor. She worked previously as a corporate pilot.
· Minnesota Women Lawyers
· Collaborative Law Institute—Minnesota
· International Academy of Collaborative Professionals